Monday, February 27, 2012

Two’s Company

Posted by Komal RK at 7:20 PM




It was 4 years ago when Simba walked into my life, he was 40 days that cute little fur-ball (Read more about him here). Today when I see him my heart swells with love and pride for I haven't seen a dog as soft natured and adorable as him. I may be biased but that's the general opinion. He has a personality of his own. And a very endearing one too. There isn't one person, adult or child, who doesn't love him. He has managed to make even the most indifferent and terrified one's to fall for him with his funny antics and an irresistible charm.


It's been a while since I wanted to get him another dog for company. It's heart breaking to leave him and go anywhere, his sad eyes don't help either. And even if it's for a mere 5 minutes that any of us step out, when we return we have to face the onslaught of complaints and whining accompanied most of the times with tears and tantrums. I heard of dogs getting depressed due to loneliness. I never thought I'd actually see one.


So now, after all these months, one fine Sunday, my parents and I drove down to a Kennel to pick up a pup. The sight that welcomed me there was a pleasant one. I was greeted by a variety of dogs and their litter made me wish I could have them all ,so friendly and so healthy! I couldn't help but notice how well groomed and healthy every dog there was. I fell in love over and over with the huge St. Bernards (which to my Mom's great surprise were really just a year old), the dashing Golden Retrievers and many others all of whom were oh so well behaved. We were then introduced to 6 tiny hyper active Golden Retriever pups, I noticed that one of them was tinier than the rest, a bit lanky if I may say so. We wanted a female preferably with a dark coat so that left us to choose between two and the scrawny pup was one of them. My Dad and the owner of the Kennel thought we ought to take the healthy pup. The decision was up to me. And I knew. My new family member, my Diva, the little scrawny imp who now is on a mission to ruin my Mom's carpets, Simba's tail (It's hilarious watching her jump, grab hold of his tail by her teeth and refuse to let go) and his toys (again, he's such a darling about it) and my Dad's sleep. Oh joy!
Lightbox_1330363987399

1 comments:

In luv with Diva, Simba N *****! said...

Amazing great thought, this shows ur love 2wards ur Simba not as pet as one of ur family member, u felt Simba's loneliness as urs and brought another family member to your family to keep Simba happy in ur absence.

 

Further and beyond... Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates